Sep 10, 2009

Preschool Here I Come

 
Yesterday was Levi's first day of preschool.  He was very excited and couldn't stop talking about taking his backpack.  He did very well, mommy had a hard time, but she did ok too.  I have a whole new respect for my preschool moms and how brave they were when leaving their 3 year olds with me.  It is hard and there were a few tears on my way home, but I know preschool will be so good for Levi.  I told him goodbye and he seemed ok with it.  The teacher said that about 5 minutes after I left, he was looking around for me and had a few tears when he realized I wasn't there.  She talked with him and he was soon playing with the other kids.  I was happy to hear this because his reaction shows good attachment, but he was also able to deal with it and join in with the other kids.  He was very happy to see me at the end of the day and tell me what he did. 
This morning he was just as excited to go.  He looked a little hesitant to see me leave, but then he gave me a hug and said "bye".  It looks like his class has about 8 or 9 kids right now and two teachers.  I'm looking forward to all the fun things we will be able to do throughout the year and seeing Levi grow and change.  He is a wonder to watch. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of both Levi and his Mom! When one thinks of the fact that Levi has only been in this country less than a year, and I have been able to see him adjust, grow and become comfortable with his terrific Mom and Dad, I am not only proud of all 3 of them, but also very impressed:) The future for this family will be thrilling to see. Thanks for your great and special blog postings, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect start to a great new adventure! I predict that he will continue to grow in great leaps and bounds and before you know it you will be dealing with play dates, too!

    ReplyDelete